Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A Really Fun Title Here...

I'm awful at coming up with catchy titles. When I have to write certain things at work that requir a title, I always put "catchy phrase here" and send it on to my boss, who is much better at these things than I am.

I didn't write any last night, but instead relaxed on the couch with hubby and a movie. Watched the new "Triple X" flick with Ice Cube. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, either. I love action flicks and thrillers, but this failed in many aspects. Vin Diesel wasn't in it, for one - and they apparently killed off his character anyway. You can't kill off Vin Diesel! He's Vin Diesel!

But I digress. Here's the news of the day:

Grandpa

Grandpa made it through the surgery fine. Now to the recovery process. I guess the break was really high in his leg - right by his hip bone, in that area somewhere. He's going to go nuts just sitting around all day. Maybe I should get him some books on tape to listen to...

Is Summer Over?

No, summer is NOT over. And I'm TIRED of it. I want to lounge around in my pajama pants and t-shirt. And wear my Snoopy slippers. And huddle under a blanket in front of my computer.

School Starts Next Week!

My kids aren't ready to go to school. My daughter is not even excited about kindergarten. I wonder why that is? But I'm thinking that once she gets started, she'll love it. I hope.

Melissa Still Needs Vacation!

Maybe I can get away over Labor Day weekend. It's going to be harder to leave now that my daughter is in school. Yeah, I could leave the kids with hubby and take off for a few days...hmm. That's not such a bad idea!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your grandpa came through the surgery fine. And I hope you get a vacation soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 PM

    Hugs to poor grandpa in recovery!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...