Monday, August 01, 2005

A Long Weekend

We finished my daughter's bedroom this weekend. She now has a canopy over her bed, a Hello Kitty comforter, and space to actually play. I know she's growing up, though, because she told me that the lamp she's had in her bedroom since she was an infant "was a baby lamp" and that we needed to get a new one. Hobby Lobby is having a half-off sale on their lamps, so maybe we'll cruise over there after work.

We also bought a new entertainment center and hubby fought to put it together. Turns out the instructions were rather vague and they didn't include all of the parts. Needless to say, he was rather grouchy after he finished it. But it looks great in our living room!

I tackled the manusript a lot on Saturday and got quite a bit done. Pretty happy with that. Yesterday I wasn't as productive on it - but I did go through and make a list of things I needed to remember from my finished chapters so that I wouldn't mistakenly write something that didn't work with everything else.

Didn't sleep well last night - hubby was snoring and when I went out onto the couch and finally drifted off to sleep, the alarm on his watch went off. I climbed back into my own bed, because it was quiet, and as soon as I settled in, yup, you guessed it - hubby started snoring again.

I've already downed one Diet Pepsi this morning and will probably have another one shortly. My best friend called last night and said her sister got the job in England, so she will be living there for the next three years. She plans to go over once a year, but I'm going to try to make it at least once with her. Can't wait! Now I just have to start saving money. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a productive weekend. Kudos on the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:54 AM

    My daughter loves Hello Kitty, too!!! Aren't doing girls' rooms fun?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...