Monday, August 08, 2005

And Then I Crack Zee Neck!

En route to the chiropractor, my five-year-old daughter asked me where we were going.

"To see the doctor," I replied.

"What for?"

"Oh, he's going to crack Mommy's neck."

BIG MISTAKE.

I didn't think too much of it until we got to the doctor's office. After my car wreck in Feb. of 2004, I was at the chiropractor all the time and she came with me. So I figured, no big deal - I'll take her with me, then on to daycare and work.

When I tried to get out of the car, she started crying. Big, huge, fat tears. Gulps. Hiccups.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"The doctor's going to crack your neck!"

To make a long story short, she sat in the kid's area with her hands clapped over her ears to drown out any "cracking" sounds. After my neck adjustment, I laid on my stomach and had heat put on my back. My chiropractor is asking, "Is there anything I can do? Offer her a piece of gum?" (Nope, he doesn't have kids yet. *grin*)

Not only did my daughter NOT want a piece of gum, but she refused to move and come sit beside me. More gulps and hiccups. A few wails. "I want my daddy!"

Sigh...

Poor thing was worried about her Mommy. I think she's starting to develop a phobia of all doctors. Ever since she went to get her kindergarten physical and they surprised her with her immunization shots, she's been terrified to go to ANY doctor or dentist. I'm not sure how we're going to get her over this one...

In Writing News...

So I had a blinding headache all day yesterday and all night. I DID manage to make a few edits, and I wrote a page on Saturday. But not much else, unfortunately.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:43 AM

    I know I shouldn't laugh. Really. But she cracks me up (pardon the BAD pun). I can see my son doing the exact same thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh either, but that is funny. I would have LOVED to have been in the chiropractors office and watch you try to explain this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate doctors too--ever since those forceps :D It only gets worse with age LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:14 AM

    Aw, your poor daughter!! But--LOL!!! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can so picture this! I love going for chiro. My back has never felt better. I thought the cracking noise would freak me out but it doesn't. I'm just happy to be pain free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:21 AM

    Your poor daughter, lol. My girls STILL hate the doctor and the dentist ...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...