Thursday, August 04, 2005

Almost, But Not Quite

We almost had a new addition to the family - a Basset Hound puppy. Hubby has wanted one for my daughter for quite some time. Yesterday at work, he had a customer bring in a litter. Since he was moving, he was giving the pups away. And like a good husband, DH called me FIRST before deciding to get one. With lots and LOTS of trepidation, I said yes.

But it turns out that by the time my husband got back to the guy, all the male puppies were gone. We really couldn't have a female since we have two male dogs.

So the pup will have to wait. I must say I was disappointed because I love puppies - but all puppies grow up. And in the meantime, there's that whole house-training experience that I really do not want to go through.

In Writing News...

A few paragraphs and that was it. Not much more because I was sooooo tired. But of course, that didn't stop me from staying up late and talking to hubby. It's Diet Pepsi for breakfast this morning again. I've really got to start going to sleep at night!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    Oh a puppy!! I want pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:14 PM

    ah, too bad you didn't get him! Ah well..at least you saved on the house training stress.

    And Diet Pepsi does not a breakfast make...coffee does *g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:15 AM

    Awww! I love basset hounds. They are so cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh puppies. I get stupid over puppies like most women get over babies. Anything small and furry turns me into babbling idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:42 AM

    Awww, too bad. I would have loved to see a basset hound puppy!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...