Friday, August 19, 2005

Autumn, Where Are You?

One of my friends told me yesterday that I had things backwards. Most people get depressed and unmotivated during the long winter months. I'm just the opposite - I thrive on long winter months.

Lately I haven't been very motivated to do much of anything, and I think I know why. I am plain sick and tired of heat and humidity. It makes me miserable, cranky, and I don't even want to leave the house.

I can't wait for fall. I always love the beginning of fall - school starting, football season, cooler evenings...ah, yes. That is the life for me. I can't wait until it gets dark at 5 p.m. and I can spend all evening down in my office, typing madly away. I want to wear my Snoopy slippers, bundle up in a blanket, and drink a cup of hot cocoa.

For many people, the lack of sun puts them into a funk - it puts me into a terrific mood.

So what about you? Do you thrive in the summer months or fall and winter?

8 comments:

  1. I like both :) The only thing I hate is the torrential rain because I fear for the foundations and flooding, and really cold weather. Anything below -25C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn, not that we get much in the way of cooler weather, but I like the colors and the feel of it. I pretty much like all the seasons. By the time summer rolls around I am ready for the heat.

    Weather doesn't motivate me much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fall is when I get motivated too. I did okay staying motivated with my writing this summer, but the workouts kind of fell by the wayside - now I'm playing catch up so I can fit into my fall clothes! I think there's a reason they call them the lazy, hazy days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:27 PM

    I love autumn weather, the crisp air and the sunny days. It's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:13 PM

    I love fall and I love winter for about a month, maybe a month and a half. By January, I'm DONE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:48 AM

    well, I hate the dark, cold dreary days of winter. But I do love fall. The changing leaves. Cooler temps. Sweater weather!! I love my sweaters!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:59 PM

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...