Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why I Can't Work At Home

I kept my daughter home from school again today. Her cold seems to all be in her chest, so I'm hoping that the expectorant that I bought will loosen it up and help her feel better. But I'm bound and determined that she's going back to school tomorrow.

Even though I do have some work to do for the office, I feel so unmotivated. And this is the exact feeling I had when I didn't have a job and I stayed home with the kids.

I've come to this conclusion: I need to be around people, I need to be active, and I need to be out of the house to get motivated. Right now, I just want to crawl on the couch and take a nap. And I just might this afternoon. But the house needs cleaned, the dishes need done, and I still need to write that Halloween short story for Rene! :-)

I think the ideal job for me would be to work every morning and have every afternoon off. Or perhaps to work every other day. I get tired of running around and never having enough time at night. But I also know I can't go back to being a full-time SAHM.

Something in the middle...that's what I need. :-)

Tonight is my chapter meeting and I'm anxious to see what everyone's thoughts are on the conference. Ironically, I also have to do a short presentation on motivation!

6 comments:

  1. For your motivation speech you could make it "Top 10 List of Things to NOT Do!" hehe Just kidding.

    I stay at home with my little one and I too get the lazies sometimes. Whenever I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off I tend to have more energy and get other things I normally would get done, done.

    I could go buy a lighter, or use a match, to light a fire under your bo-hiney of you need me to. Also, I could get my whip out that I've threatened Rachel with... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to write when you're out of your routine, hard to write when kids are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:58 AM

    Good luck on your "motivational" speech! :) And hope your daughter feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always wanted to be a stay at home mom...well minus the whole having children part, which I guess would make me make me a kept woman and not a stay at home mom. And hey, I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Kelly, there's nothing wrong with being a kept woman *g*

    Melissa, I'm pretty much a hermit. I like being at home by myself. My mornings are quiet, and I'm not a morning person at all so it's great. I don't have to be fake cheerful around anyone or talk to anyone, and there's no one around to drive me insane with their chit chat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa - hope your daughter's chest cold breaks soon. Those ones are always tough.

    I'm bad about housework as well, though it eventually gets done. Working at home isn't so bad for me, though. With my insomnia problems I don't allow myself to nap.

    Hope your motivation presentation went well last night :-) I'm sure you found lots of good things to say.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...