Saturday, October 01, 2005

Tidbits

...I slept in this morning and it felt great. My dreams were rather weird, though, considering I had to move everything out of my house and flee an approaching blizzard. And on top of that, at the airport, my husband and I had to see a counselor before we could get on the plane. Bizarre! My dreams are usually pretty strange.

...I just put a pan of lasagna in the oven, so lunch and supper are pretty much taken care of. We're pretty lazy around here during the weekends with our meals. Kind of eat whenever and whatever. But I had a craving for some Italian so decided to whip up a batch of my world-famous lasagna.

...Went out last night with my co-workers and had a great time, proving once and for all that you do NOT need to drink alcohol to have a good time! I calmly sipped my water while everyone around me kept ordering another round. But I didn't feel left out at all. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was the only one that didn't wake up with some sort of hang over! Now don't get me wrong - I've had my partying days. But they are long gone and I don't miss them at all. I love to get together with friends and have a good time, but I definitely don't need alcohol thrown in the mix.

...I'm debating whether or not to watch the Husker game today. Predictions are that they are going to get their collective rear ends whipped. I have no desire to watch that. On the other hand, I could go and hang out with my brother and watch the game. On the other, OTHER hand, I could write. And I really really WANT to write.

5 comments:

  1. Glad you went out with your co-workers, I knew you would have fun. Write and skip the football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I did, Rene. I'm actually making progress on it, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have weird dreams all the time as well. Must be the writer in us. Glad you had fun with your friends :-) I admit to still drinking, but not like I used to! Ah, age, isn't it lovely? So, did you watch the game? Or write?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tess -

    I wrote! And amazingly enough, they won the game. But I still felt better immersing myself in my story instead. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...