Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cloudy Days

It's cloudy here. In fact, it was foggy, cloudy, and wet this morning.

And I'm at work.

Grrrrrr....

I should be at home, under my blankets, sipping hot chocolate and eating my chocolate chip cookies while I either a) read, b) sleep c) watch an old movie or d) write.

Instead, I'm at work. Clattering away. Longing for my blankets. And sleep. (I already ate some chocolate chip cookies).

I'm feeling about the same today and last night's pitiful sleeping arrangements didn't help. I moved out to the couch when hubby started snoring, then moved back into bed when I got hot. Hubby was no longer snoring. BUT, when I actually crawled into bed, he started snoring again! I'm beginning to wonder if he has some sort of sensor that notifies his brain to snore when I reappear.

I crashed last night. I really needed to do absolutely nothing. Only I didn't do absolutely nothing. I helped my daughter with schoolwork, folded laundry, got daughter ready for bed, etc., etc. Sigh...a mother's work is never done, even when she plans to take the night off.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:50 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your idea of where you should be today. I'm with you there. I want to go back on vacation...waaaahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:05 AM

    I know how you feel! Over cast, drizzle, cool temps -- we should be expected to do nothing less than occupy our favorite corner of the sofa with a comfy blanket and hot cuppa somthing. Me, I'm anxiously awaiting another Tastefully Simple party, so that I can get some of their new Butter Toffee drink mix. ::drool::

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even when you're doing nothing, you're doing something!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:47 PM

    LOL on the snoring sensor. I bet that's it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:03 PM

    Poor you with the snoring hubby! Yikes.

    And you're right, a mother's work is never done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...