Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bye Bye, Diet Pepsi and Peanut Butter

I've discovered that my Diet Pepsi addiction gives me heartburn. This saddens me because, well, I love the stuff. I think if I just cut back - maybe a few a week - that will be much better than two cans a day. Ack. When I think about it, that is really bad. I shouldn't be drinking that much soda!

I tried to eat some peanut butter cups on Sunday, but nope. Those are out, too. That's not really a big deal because I don't like peanut butter, but I do like Reese's and peanut butter M&M's. But a straight PB and J sandwich? No way.

No writing done last night. I cleaned house. My mom is coming to visit for a few days this week and I felt compelled to clean. Dust accumulates in my house like no other. And my vacuum shorts out after about two minutes of use, so I have to stop and wait for it to cool down. Not very efficient. I've always had vacuum problems. Why, I don't know.

7 comments:

  1. Peanut butter gives me heartburn too. So does oatmeal. I really hate not eating peanut butter. I ate it when I was pregnant because I had heartburn no matter what I ate so it really didn't matter. Luckily diet coke doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mice like peanut butter :)
    I hardly ever drink soda anymore. Just tea, water and wine :) Hope your mom has a nice visit--I too am vacuuming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:02 PM

    You can wean yourself off soda but it isn't easy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:02 PM

    You can wean yourself off soda but it isn't easy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look, especially the autumn leaves in the background!

    I could live without Pepsi since I don't drink pop, but I would really miss peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too used to have vacuum problems. I fixed them by buying a Shop Vac. I told the kids, "If it's on the floor, then it's gonna get sucked up!" They quickly learned that when mommy gets the vacuum cleaner out, they'd better pick up their stuff!

    I too love Pepsi, but the real stuff. I'm not one for diet drinks. I think the chemicals they put in those things alone will give anyone heartburn, among other thins. Besides, you'll burn off the sugar in a real Pepsi faster than you can burn off all the chemicals in the diet.

    And don't even get me started on PB!! We eat it like its going out of style in this house! Help us!

    Hope the heartburn goes away. That stuff should be taken off the market of the body because it does not do us good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget the tums and all those antacid pills. Get the real stuff that works. See if your pharmacy sells "Ranitidine" over the counter. Stuff works great. I use to have a horrible problem with heartburn that I could not eat anything after 6 pm. My stomach would be totally empty when I went to bed at night and I would still wake up at 2 am with bad heartburn. There are other over the counter acid reducers. Some work better than others. Try a few, Mel, and don't suffer any more.

    (I sound like a d@mm commercial.)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...