Monday, October 17, 2005

House Hunting

My mom just got a job where I live. She's preparing to make the 450 mile trek to this part of the state, and my brother and I have been shopping for her a place to live.

I really can't believe how much people charge for rent, especially when the place is a pile o' crap. Amazing.

It takes so darn much energy to call people up, arrange to go look at the place, be nice and polite and smile even when the place IS a pile o'crap, and then do it all over again fifteen minutes later.

I'm ready to go home and take a nap on the couch! Of course, I didn't do much else this weekend. Well, yes, I did. I actually managed to start working on my edits for POSSESSION, got some laundry done, bought a Keith Urban CD, watched a wonderful movie, The Best Years of Our Lives, and spend some quality time with hubby and the kids. And through it all, I barely got any sleep because of this darn cold I'm fighting. I need to buy stock in Kleenex!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:08 PM

    When the cold is really bad, Nyquil is a good thing. :) Hope your mom finds a decent place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:38 PM

    have you checked into the apartment complexes around town? My husband is a security guy for a company that owns a bunch of really nice complexes. their rates aren't too bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend is moving up to my neck of the woods but she's coming from town up to the city and the difference in housing prices makes it so she can't buy a house but will have to go into an apt. But she's so happy to be getting back to the city I think she's gritting her teeth on that one.

    Hope your cold gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck house hunting--it'll be nice to have your mom nearby and when you find the right apartment you'll know!!!

    Hugs on the cold!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danni - I'm checking into everything, it seems like! :-) A lot of the apartment complexes are still too expensive for her.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...