Thursday, December 29, 2005

Vacation Musings

I've determined not to do too much during my time off from work. Of course, you all know how that goes!

But yesterday, I did manage to indulge in a nap. Consequently, I wasn't ready for bed at 10 p.m. and stayed up until 1 a.m. finishing a novel. That meant I slept in this morning!

Today I want to get some writing done. I still have to do some laundry and since our dryer isn't working right, that means I get to dry the same load of clothes for about three hours. It's a pain, but when you don't have the money for a new one, you have to deal. :-)

I want to de-decorate the house, but that means work. And I'm on my vacation, darn it! So I'll wait until after the new year to take down everything. Of course, that might change. I am known to suddenly become inspired to do something, even if it takes me until late at night to accomplish it.

But today, I want to focus on my writing. I came up with a new idea for a story last night and I'm anxious to perhaps brainstorm with it a little and see what I can come up with. It's always exciting to get that initial burst of inspiration and even more exciting to see what that idea turns into!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're busy even though you're taking it easy!

    Our dryer takes at least two cycles to dry the clothes. We need a new heating element. The hubby just um, hasn't had time... yeah right. Oh well, he's paying the electric bill, not me! hehe

    We got to sleep in this morning even though we should have gone to a funeral. #2 of our twins had fever this morning and the power had gone off during the night. I just took it as a sign to stay at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:52 PM

    Oo! I started a new story too! It is such fun when it's all new and fresh.

    Enjoy that inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...