Friday, December 30, 2005

Ode to Stuffed Animals

This is my daughter's stuffed animal collection. This isn't all of them since some are lodged precariously on her dresser. But for the most part, they litter her floor, making it impossible for her to even play in her room.

I took care of that a few days ago. I'm trying to find one of those stuffed animal nets to hang from her ceiling and get these things off her floor. Since I haven't been to the store in awhile, the poor animals have languished on my living room floor.

Last night we were into Barnes and Noble (using my gift card that my brother got me for Christmas! Woo hoo!) and she found a Scooby Doo stuffed animal.

"Can I have this, Mom?"

"No. You already have enough stuffed animals!"

She, in a sulking voice, "I do not have enough stuffed animals."

There are actually already two stuffed Scooby Doo's in this pile in the above picture. But the one she wanted was smaller. Sigh...

In Writing News...

I sat down yesterday afternoon and got a page and a half done (single spaced) and was eager to keep going, but my husband came home and we decided to use the gift card my Dad gave us for Christmas to a local resterant. (How come I can NEVER spell that word right?) Unfortunately, I couldn't get to sleep last night due to hubby's snoring and my brain refusing to shut down. I really should have just opened the laptop and kept writing, but as it was already nearing 2 a.m., I didn't think that would be exactly smart. I would have slept the entire day today!

As all three kids are home today, I don't know how much writing I'll get done. I might have to just shut my bedroom door and ignore the crashes coming from the living room. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:27 PM

    Boy, she does have a lot of them, doesn't she? Wow.

    Good luck with the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the page and half!!!

    Your daughter seems to have the same syndrome my oldest does... she can't go anywhere and NOT come home with a blasted stuffed animal. I think my daughter thinks these stuffed animals are real. She needs therapy. My daughter, not yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:59 AM

    Oh my goodness! We must share lives! The Stuffed animal onslaught, hubby snoring while our minds are racing, the gift cards and retaurants...

    Congrats on getting some writing done. I've managed a full page in the newest WIP. Of which I have another in another series, and well with my harbored good news, I might be pulling out older WIPs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL re the stuffies!!! I remember being quite the collector myself :-)

    Woo hoo on the page and a half!

    ROTFL re ignoring the crashes from the living room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year Melissa and Family, for tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, Happy New Year to you, too!

    Tess - Those crashes upstairs resulted in TWO broken lightbulbs instead of one. LOL

    AE, now you've REALLY got me wondering what your news is!

    Michelle, she has waaaay more than she needs!

    Dana, your daughter and my daughter would probably get along great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...