Monday, December 12, 2005

Relaxing With a Cup of Tea

My Victorian tea party was great. My friends came over wearing Victorian hats. It was so much fun! We had tea, scones, rasberry tarts, and crackers and cheese. I wanted to make cucumber sandwiches, but I didn't get around to it.

My whole goal in having the tea was to just have everyone relax in the midst of the holiday season. We sat around and talked, laughed, and had a wonderful time. I am truly thankful to have such caring friends.

Since I spent most of Saturday cleaning and then hosted my party, I had wanted Sunday to be a day of rest, which is what the good Lord intended! Unfortunately, that didn't happen. We have a mouse problem again, which I suppose isn't too surprising considering the cold weather. But I cannot stand the little bastards. We went searching for holes again in our house and found plenty. The former owners didn't do a very good job of remodeling - they did it themselves and boy, can you tell. They remodeled the kitchen and the bathroom and put in a basement. Since the house was built in 1909, we have to deal with everything that comes with it. The former owners didn't touch our bedroom and as a result, it desperately needs a facelift. Our closet is basically a big hold in the wall and the plaster has fallen off in chunks. We hope to get it remodeled by the time we want to sell.

Strange thing happened last night...I was commiserating over my lack of writing once again and why I can't decide which manuscript to write on. And out of nowhere, a voice: "Work on both of them, girl!"

So I shall. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:10 AM

    Good luck on double duty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Listen to that inner voice!! It knows what it's talking about! hehe

    We live out of town and our house is old. Not as old as yours, of course, but old. When we moved in last March we noticed quite a few holes with steel wool in them. Alarm bells went off then! We've only had one pesky critter and he's had a large dose of poison. Maybe he'll wonder back to his clan and die with a warning: Don't enter the Pollard house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:51 AM

    When the voices speak, follow. Trust your inner guide.

    Mice?! Ew. Our house was built in 1904, and there were remodel jobs, and additions that we have been dealing with and updating since we moved in. It never ends! I've come to believe that a house is never finished, a house is the great WIP!

    AE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Victorian Tea Party idea! I think that would be a lot of fun. I wish my friends were into something like that, but I can jsut picture their faces if I suggested it. Bunch of heathens...*g*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh - sounds like a lovely party. I kept thinking of you and your friends. Hmm, maybe I should plan one!

    Ick on the mice. THough I don't think a mouse would last long in our house - Cleo is quite a little hunter, judging by the way she plays with her toys. My mum has the same problem you do - her house isn't quite as old, but there are really small holes that don't quite seem to get plugged.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Kitchen Remodeling ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to flowers and Kitchen Remodeling with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous3:20 AM

    Thanks for all the great comments and insights..By the way, are you looking for more information on Kitchen Design Picture ..If so here is a fantastic resource for everything related to flowers and Kitchen Design Picture with information, products, articles and more..Check it out here...http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:34 PM

    There is nothing like a home renovation project to improve the way you live your life. There are so many great local resources now for Kitchen Tile Design . It is easier than ever to pick up the phone or go online and find Kitchen Tile Design.

    Another great site with a lot of updating information is http://www.floridakitchendesigns.com. Thanks by the way for such a great blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...