Amy tagged me for ten reading secrets. Hmm...this one might take some thinking.
1) I used to keep a journal of all the books I read. I'd put the name of the book, author, date finished, and then a rating. Some books I would read more than once and I would mark it, "VG as always!"
2) I pretty much just read romance. Inspirational and historical are my two favorite genres. I also read history books (although I tend to jump around in those instead of reading straight through). I will occasionally pick up one of my hubby's books - a Clive Cussler, Dean Koontz, or Ken Follet.
3) I'm a pretty fast reader. I've been known to finish a book in a day. But not lately! That was more in my pre-Mom days. :-)
4) I panic if I don't have anything to read. Thankfully, my trips to the library booksale or the bookstore have solved that problem. I have a plethora of books to read and I know I'll continue adding to that pile.
5) I won't finish a book if I can't get into it. My husband told me once that it's my reading time - I should read what I want to and not waste time on a book that doesn't capture my attention. After all, I have a huge stack of other books waiting for me!
6) I haven't read an e-book yet. It's not because I don't want to - I have some friends who have published ebooks. But I stare at a computer screen all day - the last thing I want to do is stare at a computer screen to read a book. And I don't have enough money to print the entire book.
7) I don't sneak a peek at endings, even though I'm tempted!
8) I read a book to my daughter every night before bedtime.
9) I used to have a special bookmark for all my books. Now I just mark my page with whatever I can find around the house. :-)
10) I used to read during the summer vacations in elementary and junior high...well, okay...even high school when I wasn't working! It used to drive my brothers nuts. They'd constantly ask me to go play baseball and I'd say, "No, I'm reading." :-)
I tag Rachel, Dana, and Tess!
I've got a new home on the web - stop by if you get a chance! www.melissamarsh.net
We have a big snowstorm headed our way. Now usually these snowstorm predictions tend to be far grander than what actually happens - i.e. we ...
Yesterday I woke up in a fantastic mood. I felt pretty good (you never feel terrific when you have chronic illnesses) and I couldn't wai...