Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Cards and New Spaces

I wrote my Christmas cards last night. It wasn't a chore, really, because I enjoy doing them, but I think that they are becoming a thing of the past. More and more people decline to send them every year either because they don't have enough time or they would rather send e-cards. I think it's a shame because I love to get mail - actual letters and cards I can hold in my hands.

At work, my department moved into a new office building. It's taken awhile to get the computers up and running, the phones working, and get everything settled in. I decorated my little cube for Christmas, though - and yes, I put up a Nativity scene! :-)

And I have to send a big THANK YOU to
  • Luanne
  • for selling me her laptop! I'm SOOO excited to snuggle under my blanket on the couch and write!

    5 comments:

    1. I'm thanking Luanne too! Woohoo! You got a laptop! Your word count is going to go through the roof now!

      ReplyDelete
    2. That is such good news, Mel. I think you are going to love it.

      My hubby sends out over 100 Christmas cards every year. Guess who stuffs 'em? I remember my parents sending out tons and tons of cards but this year my mom said they were down to 20 because so many people had died. Geez, what a bummer.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I know what you mean about cards - we have hardly any this year, and normally by this point our mantel is almost full! We send fewer than we did, but will always send them to those who are nearest and dearest :-)

      Congrats on the new laptop!!! Way cool. Enjoy.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I miss getting snail mail. I used to have lots of penpals growing up and before email became an everyday thing my bestfriend and I wrote back and forth and it was always such a kick to come home and find something in the mail. And I wish we still did mail the way they used to - folding the paper and sealing it with wax.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Dana, I hope my word count will go through the roof! :-)

      Rene - My DH has to fill out Christmas cards, too, but luckily, I don't have to stuff them. *grin*

      Tess, I, too, will always send cards to those on my "must send" list. It doesn't seem like Christmas without them.

      Kelly - I really miss getting snail mail, too. There's just something about holding the letter in your hand and reading that person's handwriting that is so much better than a computer screen.

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear from you!

    THERE IT IS

     It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...