Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Treats Galore!

It's hard to deny all those yummy holiday treats. Here at the office, we've been receiving gift baskets from companies that we work with and they always include a plethora of goodness. :-) One of my co-workers brought in a ton of cookies and another brought some very yummy Kansas City fudge. My mom is going to be making a lot of treats, too - and I definitely will not pass those up!

What's a girl trying to lose weight to do?

Exercise her tail off! :-)

I've determined that I'm not going to deny myself the treats of the Christmas season. So I've been indulging - a little of this, a little of that, and a lot of sweat in the gym at the end of the day. I exercised three times last week and after tonight, it will be three times this week. I told my husband, "Now when I don't go to the gym, just remind me how good I feel when I finish exercising." Hopefully I won't slip into the non-exercising habit again!

In Writing News...

It was after 10 p.m. last night when I booted up my laptop. I had thought of a ton of ideas for my current WIP while exercising last night and I had to write them down before I forgot. But as usual, life got in the way earlier in the evening and I didn't have time to sit down until after everyone was settled for the night.

Still, I managed to write about a page (single spaced) and I felt rather pleased with that. I would have done more, but I was exhausted. In fact, I really do not remember trying to fall asleep - usually it takes me awhile to drift off, but not last night!

Must be all that exercising...*grin*

9 comments:

  1. Well done!! On the writing and exercising! My only exercise was getting to school, but now I might break out the yoga DVD and get into shape :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you're still working out during the holidays! The hubby got the workout machine together and I have yet to use it. I just stare at the monstrosity and sigh with awe thinking, "this is mine?" (secretly, I don't know how to use the darn thing! It's got too many gadgets on it!)

    Great job on the writing! Every night is my time from aroud 8:30 to midnight. No one bothers me and I get my work done. Aren't laptops great! I'm so glad you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel - you GO, on both the exercise and the writing. Sean and I will either a) go to the gym or b) go for a walk today. I've had trouble sleeping and I think it may be a lack of fresh air. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, I tried yoga once and I think I feel over. LOL

    Dana, I LOVE my laptop. It's so nice to be able to sit on the couch or in bed and write.

    Tess, it's absolutely amazing how much better I feel when I exercise. Then why do I go for sometimes a week or more without going? I just get too darn lazy and then I feel yucky, which makes me not want to go even more. A viscious cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. DRAT! I mean I FELL over, not feel over! Although I think I did feel a lot of pain when I was done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your willpower. I really do. I have to get off my tail after the holidays. HAVE to. No way around it. I'm not showing up in Daytona fat. I won't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:14 PM

    Now that's a GREAT reason to exercise. Yummy cookies and candy and....and...oooh, pass some of that motivation my way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your pain on the treats at the office. So far I've managed not to gorge and I've worked out every day. I figure if I keep up the workouts I can indulge in some treats, just not a whole truckload of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:46 PM

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...