Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ramblings


This was today's message on my Dove Dark Chocolate wrapper - Let Chocolate Warm Your Soul.

I admit, when I'm
feeling in a bit of a mood, a bite of chocolate somehow makes things more bearable. Maybe it's all those "feel good" chemicals that chocolate contains, or maybe it's just the simple, delectable flavor, but either way, it helps.

I changed my blog layout again - I was tired of the
blue. Not sure why because blue is my favorite color, but perhaps it's because I wanted something a bit lighter. I'm not ready for spring yet - bring on more snow! - but I do like the new, vintage-feel of this background.

I took last night off from the novel - sort of. I didn't work on any editing, but I did think
about it a lot, take some notes on exactly what I need to focus on, and read a bit more in my research books. I'm also digging into a book I previously reviewed called The Scene Book. Now is the time to start thinking with my head instead of my heart, time to be objective about the writing, no matter how hard it is. Perhaps easier said than done.

It's a cold day here and it keeps snowing off and on, though we haven't much of the white stuff on the ground (darn it). I know some people roll their eyes at me when I say I want more snow, but darn it, if it's winter, let's have winter, right? It gets terribly hot in the summer, the leaves fall off the trees in the fall, and spring has flowers pushing through the ground. So...winter needs to have snow. :-)

Yeah, I'm in a rambling sort of mood today. Hard to be focused when I'm like that. Maybe I should eat some more chocolate...

17 comments:

  1. Yeah, who cares why chocolate makes you feel good... just that it does :D Also... CONGRATS on finishing your book! That is so awesome, I'm so happy for you! It is an amazing feeling to know you are growing and improving with each one! :) Have more chocolate if you want, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally with you on the snow part. Can't we just get some good snow and have it stay around for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - Believe me, I've had more than my share today. Whoops!

    Heather - AGREED. My mom told me that back home, they have a foot of the stuff. Wish we could get that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to chocolate, but I do love comfort foods! I also love snow. I'm with you - winter should be winter!

    Love,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Madison! Thanks for stopping by. And boy, I don't know what I'd do if I was allergic to chocolate. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, this IS a lovely background. Feels perfect!

    Good for you! Thinking and getting your head in the right place for editing is the way to go.

    And I agree... sometimes a favorite morsel or drink just changes my perspective. Silly, but true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A break is good--especially with chocolate. You deserve to just sit back and mull over the book like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Piffle on the snow! I was shivering today because it was 61 degrees out.

    I'm not a big chocolate fiend myself (not like you) but sometimes you do need an indulgence. Mine is spending time googling images of Daniel Craig.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh! I love this layout! It's one of my favorites! I had it for my blog because I thought it was austeny... but I didn't keep it long (even though I wanted to!) because it wasn't teenager enough... sigh..yeah, writing for YA. But I'm soo glad to see it here. It's perfect for you! I LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  10. From one chocoholic to another, we bought some early Valentine Day chocolate today, couldn't resist! And we're getting 6-8 inches of fresh snow tonight & tomorrow - I'll send a snowball your way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janna - It is rather strange how just a little treat can change your perspective! But it does. :-)

    Terri - I agree - breaks are good sometimes. I think I've needed on the past few evenings.

    Rene - Aw, c'mon! Snow is GOOD. And Daniel can always make my mood lift.

    Giddy - I think this layout would fit perfectly with Austen, too!

    Joanne - Oh, lucky you! 6-8 inches! Send some my way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice renovations! And chocky is good for whatever ails ya. Have a piece for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on the chocolate. It cures all ills.

    And yes, we want more snow. It is winter, after all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angie - Will do. :-)

    Shirley - Yay! Another snow-lover! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The color combo of the blog is very pleasing and soothing. Much like that Dove chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debbie - Well said. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new look, Melissa!

    And I think it's great you're taking a bit of a break. Let the neurons recharge...you'll come back to the book with a fresh sharp eye, ready to rock 'n' roll!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...