Friday, November 18, 2005

Where Does It Go?

I want to know where the year 2005 went. I can't believe it's the middle of November and Christmas is just around the corner.

What happened? Last I checked, I'd just started this job in February. Only a few more months and I will have been here an entire year.

And I think that's the reason this year is gone by so fast - I've had a full-time job. I've been in a routine. I've done the same thing nearly every single morning - get up, get kids ready, take stepson to school, take daughter to daycare, go to work. I really get tired of it. When I was a stay at home mom, it seemed like the year went a lot slower.

I'm not saying this is necessarily bad...but when days and weeks and months start running together, you've got to wonder why they flee so swiftly.

In Writing News...

I'm working on a query letter to submit to a World War II magazine for a few nonfiction articles. And I'm still trying to decide which novel to work on. I really should have been writing on one of them by now, but guess I'm taking a mini vacation. Maybe tonight I'll get inspired...wait, it's Friday night. Time to party! Oh, yeah...I don't do that anymore. My idea of a great Friday night is watching a movie with my daughter snuggled next to me, warm chocolate chips and a glass of cold milk on the coffee table. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:19 AM

    I want to know where the year 2005 went.

    That, I think, is the $64,000 question. I'd like to know the answer myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the movie and the snuggling. And I'm still at home, but my year sped by too. It's a little frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've no idea where it went, but when you find out, can you tell me? It drives me nuts how quickly time goes these days.

    Good luck with those queries :-)

    As for Fridays, yours sounds like mine. We watch tv (well, last night Sean napped and I watched tv) and I had ice cream :-) My fave show, Heartbeat is on Friday at 9, so I always snuggle down for that. Last night Cleo napped on me while I watched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I asked the same question at the end of the summer. Where had the summer gone and could I go back and do it all again? Wasn't this a fabulous year? So much happening!

    I have a similar routine, Mel. Sometimes, it's mind numbing. I just get it done and make it to work, then back home again. The standard line when saying goodbye at work is "See you tomorrow when we get to do it all over again."

    That's why it's so important to enjoy every day, every weekend to it's fullest. Because it will be gone tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:28 AM

    Where did you find it? Interesting read »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...