Friday, May 18, 2007

Ugh...Sick (Strep!)

Yesterday I woke up with a massive sore throat, headache, and just a general feeling of the yuck-factor. Today isn't much better, but I'm at work (for the time being).

I actually felt pretty good last night before I went to bed. The sore throat is undoubtedly from all the drainage and doesn't last long (although for some reason it's hanging on tight this morning).

So...missed work yesterday, slept a lot, ate a lot of ice cream because it felt good on the throat (and no, I didn't even worry about calories), and watched a few good movies - Russell Crowe in A Good Year and Cary Grant in To Catch a Thief. Slept some more, ate some more ice cream, and fell asleep around 11:30 last night. Kittens woke me up at 4 a.m. , running and playing on the furniture, so didn't sleep very well.

My brother and his family are coming tonight, too - we're supposed to go out and have a family dinner, but the way I feel now...well, who knows. I'm thinking I have a sinus infection. UGH. (Edited to add - Nope, it's STREP. Double UGH. The doc says she's seen a ton of it lately. I'm starting to wonder if our antibiotics are becoming useless against these mega germs.)

At any rate, didn't get to any one's blogs yesterday and doubt I will get to any today. Will try over the weekend, though.

Hope things are well on your end and hope you have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That is really going around, Melissa -- the sore throat and sickness thing. I had it for two weeks. Now Dh and everybody at his work has it.

    Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:32 PM

    Take care of yourself--hope you feel better soon! (and yes, I think the germs are getting smarter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I hope you feel better! I'm totally beginning to wonder if our antibiotics just flat out don't work anymore cos it seems harder and harder to get rid of stuff...

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wondered where you were at. I hear if you post kitty pictures on your blog it makes your strep worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sick too this May long weekend Melissa. You get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're fully recovered!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...