Sunday, May 13, 2007

Birthdays and Mom's Day!




My daughter turned 7 yesterday. And of course, we had to celebrate in style! Along with her grandmother, we went to the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo. If you've never been here, I highly suggest a visit. It is a simply amazing place. Very well kept, clean, and full of wonderful animals. And as much daughter loves animals and wants to work in a zoo some day, she was simply in heaven.

We had a Scooby Doo birthday - Scooby Doo cake, presents, and fun! Happy birthday, sweetheart!

Today is Mother's Day and in addition to my daughter's wonderful handmade gifts - a hand-painted planter and a card, my husband gave me a dozen roses and the DVD of Disney's Robin Hood. I simply adore this movie and highly recommend it! Hubby is also making his famous homemade enchiladas for me and cleaned the house!
Happy Mother's Day!

10 comments:

  1. Aww, gorgeous pics!
    A very Happy belated Birthday to your daughter, and Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    Love,
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:54 AM

    I went to that zoo one year when I was at a writers' conference in Omaha. Loved it! I'll never forget seeing an enormous white tiger lying on his back, waving his paws in the air, enjoying the sun -- and purring! He sounded like a motor! And his paw was about as big as my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmigosh, when I was a little kid, I had the biggest crush on that Robin Hood. As a small child, the species issue didn't seem too important. I wanted to be Maid Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's such a cutie! And Scooby Doo rocks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful and how wonderful that the two most important days of your year are rolled into one.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday DD!!! And happy mom's day Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day. That's fantastic. And the pictures of your little one are adorable. Robin Hood, roses AND homemade enchiladas? You made out like a bandit. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:37 PM

    She's got a beautiful smile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable kid! Makes me want to have just one more...a girl, to add to my four boys.

    (Yeah, that's sensible!)

    Nice to see you had a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...