Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thank the Lord for Penicillin!


Ah....after a very rough day yesterday, I am feeling mucho better. The penicillin started kicking in while I was asleep last night and I woke up with a sore throat, but not nearly as bad as it was. I couldn't believe how much pain I was in. And I even had my tonsils taken out ten years ago! Guess strep doesn't care if you have tonsils or not.

I watched four movies yesterday, ate lots of vegetable soup, cold chocolate pudding, ice cream, and jello. Lots of COLD stuff. Since I was feeling better this morning, hubby fixed me a big breakfast of eggs, toast, ham, and pancakes. YUM. I devoured it. I was ready for some decent, solid food!

I also felt housebound, so hubby took me for a drive in the convertible and I went and bought the new Maroon 5 album (and listening to it right now on my computer). Also bought Under the Tuscan Sun on DVD because, well, let's face it - I need it for research, right? (Not to mention the hunky Raoul Bova, pictured here).

My dear mother watched my daughter last night and has had her over at her house most of the day. It's so nice to have her live in the same town as we do - and I know she and my daughter have the best time together.

Next week, watch for some plot discussions. I'm anxious to dig into the whole process again!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 PM

    You poor thing! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Convertibles, breakfast and bed and Raoul?? Yummy Oh wait you were talking about your hubby making you breakie right? Send Raoul over to moi please, heheheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better, Melissa. Maroon 5 and Raoul? You lucky gal. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better, Melissa. I still have my cold -- can't seem to shake it, but at least it's not strep!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...