Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Night Off

No, I didn't take the night off from writing. I did my hour of writing - we can all cheer now! :-) But my daughter fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. and didn't wake up until 2 a.m. when she then crawled into our bed and promptly fell back asleep.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with this unexpected block of time and I felt strangely bereft not having my daughter running around and asking me questions. Her birthday is tomorrow and she informed me she doesn't want cake at her daycare for a party. I asked her if snacks would be okay, and she agreed. "I only want one party, Mom." I take that to mean she only wants one party with a cake. I can do that.

Her kindergarten open house is also tomorrow night, so it will be a full day for her, and me, as well.

Now on to the writing....

Does anyone else feel this way? I don't feel like I have actually written anything of substance unless I work on my novel. Nevermind that I write all day at work or write in this blog or even make notes for my story. No, I'm not writing unless I work on my novel.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate, but that is what lurks in my brain, something I can't seem to shake. I will admit this - since I do write everyday - at work, here on the blog, etc. - it makes it much easier to sit down and start writing my novel.

2 comments:

  1. I think we're more nervous than the kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Where did you find it? Interesting read »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...