Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Night Off

No, I didn't take the night off from writing. I did my hour of writing - we can all cheer now! :-) But my daughter fell asleep at 7:30 p.m. and didn't wake up until 2 a.m. when she then crawled into our bed and promptly fell back asleep.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with this unexpected block of time and I felt strangely bereft not having my daughter running around and asking me questions. Her birthday is tomorrow and she informed me she doesn't want cake at her daycare for a party. I asked her if snacks would be okay, and she agreed. "I only want one party, Mom." I take that to mean she only wants one party with a cake. I can do that.

Her kindergarten open house is also tomorrow night, so it will be a full day for her, and me, as well.

Now on to the writing....

Does anyone else feel this way? I don't feel like I have actually written anything of substance unless I work on my novel. Nevermind that I write all day at work or write in this blog or even make notes for my story. No, I'm not writing unless I work on my novel.

I'm not sure that's quite accurate, but that is what lurks in my brain, something I can't seem to shake. I will admit this - since I do write everyday - at work, here on the blog, etc. - it makes it much easier to sit down and start writing my novel.

3 comments:

  1. I am getting nervous for this darn open house. I think it will hit me once again that Jacob is starting school. Where are we supposed to go once we get to the school tomorrow night? hmmm...something to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're more nervous than the kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:32 PM

    Where did you find it? Interesting read »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

It's Time

I've had this blog for over 10 years. But I'm finding that I go to it less and less. Maybe it's the death of blogging that broug...