Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Sugar Cookies!

 Even though there are lots and lots of Christmas goodies to make, I usually only stick with one: sugar cookies. I use one of my Mom's recipes and it yields quite a few cookies.

I haven't made these the last few years. Last December I traveled to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota where I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia. I had little energy to dedicate to making cookies or much of anything else that month. 

This year I hesitated about making them. Did I have enough energy? And if I did have the energy, would I crash the next day?

Well. I had enough energy today - and I guess tomorrow we'll see if I crash or not. I hope not because I have a Christmas lunch with my coworkers that I'd really like to attend. 

I know I could make a simpler treat. Cut-out sugar cookies take a lot of work. Rolling out the dough, cutting the shapes, baking them, then frosting them. I make homemade buttercream frosting, so that's another added step. 

But to me, there's something wonderfully nostalgic about sitting in front of the Christmas tree late at night, after everyone is in bed, and munching on a sugar cookie with a mug of cold milk. I think that stems from my childhood Christmases. Mom always made a lot of yummy holiday treats, including sugar cookies. 

From start to finish, it took me four hours to complete these cookies. They turned out great!




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Another thing we have in common! My mom made homemade sugar cookies every Christmas! It was about the only cookie she made this season, and it was all we ever needed. The only difference is they wouldn't be frosted. She'd just put chocolate sprinkles on one set and the colorful sprinkles on another. And now I'm craving sugar cookies myself! Maybe it's my turn to bust out her recipe and make some for the family! Yours look so delicious. Hope you did not crash today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh phooie, this is me. I see now why this keeps happening. There's a little login box with the comments, and for some reason, even though I'm logged in on my computer, it puts me as anonymous. If I hit reply, it automatically puts me in as my name... I'll try to fix this next time so you're not getting all these anonymous comments from me!

      Delete
    2. We do have a lot in common, don't we? So cool! Amazingly, I didn't crash today - but I had to go to into the office and work, so hopefully there won't be a delayed crash. I think you should make some sugar cookies! I'm so glad I did. My waistline will not be glad, but that is what New Year's Resolutions are for. LOL

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...