Saturday, December 03, 2022

Spoke Too Soon

Hear that maniacal laughter? That's me after thinking I was back to 'normal' on Thursday. I woke up Friday and could barely move. Everything hurt. Yep, another flare decided to invade my body, and I ended up sleeping most of the day.

When I woke up, I didn't feel any better. I ate some lunch, took a pain pill, and stayed in bed. I was so, so FRUSTRATED. I had all these plans to go outside and take a walk, spend some quality time with my boyfriend, and enjoy the day, and here I was, stuck in bed again.

But we had a nice evening anyway. My boyfriend built a fire in our downstairs den, I worked on my puzzle, and we watched a few movies. And even though I slept so much, I was still exhausted and I went to bed at a reasonable hour (for me). I didn't get any writing done on the novel which annoyed me, but sometimes, you have to just listen to your body and stop trying to push, push, push.

Today is a tiny bit better, but not much. I was determined to get out of the house, so my boyfriend drove me around to do some errands. I returned all the books I'd borrowed from my university library, then we headed off to buy some Christmas lights, a new chew toy for Blitz, and a few other odds and ends.

Now I'm back in my recliner, watching Turner Classic Movies, because it just makes my life easier. I'm planning to work on the novel later. I'm at a really fun - but tricky - part and I need to carefully work my way through it. 

I still haven't done anymore decorating for  Christmas - it's such a big job and I don't have the energy for it. I doubt I'll put everything up this year - but we'll see. If I have a good health day, I just might be motivated to put some Christmas cheer into my home!



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:36 PM

    oh ugh. Two steps forward, one back, eh? Or it probably feels like one step forward, two back. Hoping the flare up doesn't last long! Love the pic of the pup!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Feeling better today, for the most part!

      Delete
  2. Feel better soon. Blitz is a king!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...