Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Preparing to Hunker Down!

We're set to get hit with quite the winter storm this week. Maybe I'll get my white Christmas after all! I decided to venture to the grocery store in order to replenish my chocolate supplies (one must never be stuck in a blizzard without chocolate) and cars jammed the parking lot. Apparently everyone had the same idea to head to the grocery store. Not only are people preparing for Christmas this weekend, but for the cold Siberian air scheduled to descend on the Great Plains. People exhibited exemplary behavior - standing patiently in line, apologizing for running into each other, etc. - a far cry from the grumpiness I saw a few weeks ago at Barnes and Noble. 

My heart palpitations continue, but I do have a doctor's appointment this week. Curiously, I walked 45 minutes on my treadmill without an issue, and afterwards, I listened carefully to my heart beat. It's skipping a beat. Hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about, but we'll see what the doctor says.

I have a wonderful new-to-me office chair! Of course, Slick has already claimed it as his own. 




Season 3 of Jack Ryan starts today and I cannot wait! I've really enjoyed this series with John Krasinski as the title character. I've also been watching SAS: Rogue Heroes about the British SAS during World War II. It's different and fun, and I've been enjoying it. Here's hoping we don't have any power outages during the storm. 

At least I'll have enough chocolate on hand...



2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:40 PM

    Hi, it's Devon, today the blog claims I am "invalid." Have a good hunker. It's supposed to snow tomorrow then go up to 50 and rain all day Friday with possible flooding. I hope they are wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. I hope they're wrong, too! You don't need snow and THEN rain!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...