Saturday, December 17, 2022

Odds and Ends

I love this picture of Blitz gazing at the Christmas tree

A little round up of odds and ends from the week...

Bowling

I'm exhausted. In a good and bad way, I suppose.

Last night was my boyfriend's Christmas work party, and we went bowling. I love to bowl. Really love it. And I dont' get to do it very often so I probably way overdid it last night by playing three games. I kicked ass during the first game, and did all right during the second, but the third game...oh I shouldn't have done it. My body kept sounding the alarm to STOP but did I listen? No. I knew I'd pay for it today, and I did. I've been achy and exhausted all day long. 

But I desperately needed last night. I needed to laugh, to be around other people, to do something I enjoy. So in the end, maybe it was worth it to feel the way I did today. 

Christmas Shopping

I'm not done Christmas shopping. I still have a few last minute gifts to buy, but heck, I still have an entire week until Christmas. Plenty of time! I wrapped some gifts today and put them under the tree. So did my boyfriend. Speaking of the boyfriend, he is so very hard to shop for. He doesn't like useless items - and what he does like or need, he buys for himself. So what does he tell me? "Don't get me any presents." Ha! Like I'm going to listen to that! Of course I'm going to get him gifts! I'll figure something out this week.

Writing

I have a new writing habit. I try to "touch" the novel every day - i.e. I open my document and try to write a few sentences every day. Some days I manage to write quite a bit - other days, all I manage are a few sentences. But I'm interacting with the story each and every day - and that means I'm staying immersed in my story world. I've never done this before so I figured I'd give it a try. So far, I like it. 

Holiday Weight Gain

I try not to limit myself too much on holiday goodies because I want to be able to eat the cookies without the guilt. This works only sometimes. But as I've not been able to exercise, I'm concerned about the inevitable weight gain. Part of me worries about it, and the other part of me says, "Worry about it next year." I think I'll go with that.

2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of connecting with the manuscript every day. That's so important. Typing on the phone. Apologies if auto-incorrect makes it chaoi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been working for me! I hope you get your computer back soon. Must be like having a limb removed!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...