Monday, December 19, 2022

Always Something





Way back in 2008, I was diagnosed with a heart flutter. In scientific terms, I had supraventricular ectopic activity.  I took meds for awhile, and then went off them since it seemed to resolve on its own. Over the past ten years, I'd only occasionally get a heart flutter and it wouldn't last long. 

That changed this month. 

The last few days, I've felt my heart beating and it just doesn't feel right. There might be a bit of fluttering in there - I'm just not
sure. Any small activity I do - like going upstairs or downstairs - leaves me winded. This has left me exhausted and thus, I haven't been able to get on the treadmill.

I can feel the weight creeping back on and I'm panicking.

But shouldn't I be more worried about my erratic heart beat than gaining weight?!? Good grief. My brain frustrates me sometimes.

I'm going to call the doctor tomorrow and see if I can get in before the holidays, but that might be a stretch. 

It's always something with me. And I'm so, so tired of it.

But I did manage to finish some tasks today. As part of my new project, I mailed out questionnaires to my older cousins who knew my great-grandparents. We'll see if I receive any responses. I also wrapped some more presents. 

Now it's time to work on the novel. 


2 comments:

  1. Oh no! And a horrible time for this to be acting up. I really pray it's nothing serious, and it goes away again and doesn't come back. Yay for novel time, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb! I have a doc appt on Thursday so we'll see what he says. I hope it's nothing serious, either.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...