Thursday, December 22, 2022

Insert Witty Title Here

Janet Leigh and Robert Mitchum in 1949's Holiday Affair 

I always have such a hard time coming up with fun titles for my posts. Some days I focus on a particular topic, and other days my thoughts meander. 

Today is probably a meandering one.

My heart beat decided to regulate itself. I'm still headed to the doctor because it's better to be safe than sorry, and I'm sure I'll have some tests done. I did manage to exercise on my treadmill Tuesday and Wednesdays nights (45 minutes each night!), something I desperately needed to lift my mood. If I don't exercise regularly, my mood disintegrates, and I become a bit of a bear. My anxiety starts to spike and so does my depression. So I'm quite glad I've felt well enough to jump back on the treadmill, put on my oh-so-Gen X-playlist (80s and 90s songs!), and walk, walk, walk!

I use this time to think about my novel, or other projects I'm formulating. I have ideas for future articles and books, and walking gives me the opportunity to mull them over. I'd much rather walk outside, but as it is winter in the Great Plains, that's not gonna happen.

I watched two of my favorite Christmas movies tonight - Christmas in Connecticut and Holiday Affair. I don't bother with Hallmark Christmas movies or more modern ones - with the exception of Home Alone and Elf. I did watch the new Will Farrell and Ryan Reynolds movie, Spirited, and did enjoy it, but I doubt it'll end up on my "Must Watch Christmas Movies" list. That list is mostly comprised of movies made before 1960!

All the sugar cookies I made are gone - and silly me, I'm thinking of making some more. My waistband is yelling at me not to be so foolish, and I will probably listen to it since gorging myself on sugar cookies once a year is probably enough.

Trying to watch what I eat during the holidays usually ends up being an exercise in futility. And I think that's okay, though I maintain we work all year to lose the weight we put on during the holidays. It's an endless cycle. Ha!

Stay warm!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 PM

    I love Christmas in CT! I also love another non-holiday Stanwyck piece ,Great Balls if Fire. Eat all the cookies you want! (It's Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - Ball of Fire! Yes, that is one of the first classic movies I ever watched. Barbara is the best!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...