Saturday, December 09, 2006

Saturday


The Christmas tree is up. I can't believe the hassle I went through with the lights, though. I plugged a strand in before I even put it on the tree and all of them worked. But after I had them on the tree, half of them didn't work. ARGH. That was last night. So I go to the store today and buy some new lights and it turns out that store had a pitiful selection, and I bought what they had, which turned out to be not enough.

Long story short, the tree is decorated. And if I can ever find my digital camera, I'll take some pics.

Had tea with my mom today. I like to take time out during the holiday season to just relax, chat, and try and forget about the hustle of the season. We had rasberry green tea and some yummy cookies, listened to old Christmas carols, and had great conversation.

Also got some Christmas shopping done - all from the comfort of my computer chair. I've done all my shopping that way this year so far - and I tell ya, it beats going out into the crowds. I went to one store today looking for a gift (which they didn't have - grrrrr) and that was enough to dissuade me from venturing any further.

No writing today - too busy with everything else. Maybe tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. Is there a tree under all of that?

    I did that with the outside lights one year. Plugged them in, they worked, and then used them to "sew" sheets of (oh, I can't remember what they're called) sheets of lights(?) around the handicap ramp in the front. Long and meticulous work. When I finished a little over a half-hour later I turned them on - and only 1/3 of them worked. Enough to pull the hair out. I'm not doing that this year ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please put a photo of your tree up here when one is available. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your mom.

    Shopping via the Internet is great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. While my daughter was growing up, we had a huge white-flocked real Christmas tree every year. I remember spending around $70.00 every time. Now that she's out of the house, we have a small fiber-optic tree. Sounds like it wouldn't be special, but it is! I got it for my Christmas in Williamsburg, VA, so it has special memories. And now it's free! Special is what you make of it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:47 PM

    We have nothing in my family! In fact, we haven't had a tree since we moved to California--horrible, I know. But there are two more weeks until Christmas...lol. I second the request for a picture, your tree sounds beautiful!

    Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas lights - arrgghh! They can be a real pain. Have you tried the LED lights? The cost more initially, but use 95% less energy and last for years. No bulbs to change!!

    We decorated my in-laws' tree last night while eating pecan pie with whipped cream. Yummmm.

    Hope to see a pic of your tree soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...