Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Finished!

I've come to realize that while it's exciting to think about home improvement projects, the reality is rather harsh. Your house is a mess for entirely too long and by the time you finish with the project, you're so sick of dealing with everything that it takes awhile to really enjoy it.

Hubby finished painting the living room the other night and put all the furniture back. It looks nice. Even though he still has some touch ups to do, that won't take long. The new dining room set looks wonderful and we'll get the new couch tonight. Can't wait. The sad thing is, though, that after all this work, we won't get to enjoy it for long since we're selling the place. Ah well. On to bigger and better things, right? We still have to paint the kitchen, the bathroom, and our bedroom, but none of these should be too hard since we're going with plain ol' white.

BIAW is going well. I hit the 3000 word mark yesterday and it felt great to write that much. I hope I can equal that today. I introduced a new character who is going to be a perfect foil for my heroine and is great fun to write. That's what I love about this job. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the writing - 3000 words?! I'm jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got A LOT done yesterday! Congrats!

    And doesn't it feel great once you get a room all painted and the furniture put back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you're making wonderful progress on all fronts!!! WTG!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:39 PM

    home improvements just exhaust me. It seems like they never end...

    WTG on the progress on BIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:28 PM

    I have to paint my office next. I want to do it, but the mess...Great job on your word count!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...