Friday, September 16, 2005

Notes from the Prairie

There's only one problem with the six hour drive from my house to home - the radio stations become nonexistant.

I fixed the problem by stopping at a Wal-Mart and buying a CD player to hook up to my car. After that, I was just fine. *grin*

Grandpa is doing ok - yesterday he was pretty coherent. I'm taking my grandmother out for coffee this morning. I really wish I lived closer so that I could help them out. My dad is under a lot of stress since he's the oldest of the three kids and is the one my grandma turns to the most.

I'm off to browse the new stores in my hometown this afternoon and the library is having a book sale. Yay! That was my first job - librarian's assistant. I loved it. With my love of books and writing, what better place to work?

The football game is this evening and I'll meet my brother and his family for that. Tomorrow I'm off to see my mom. I'm trying to divide my time equally so that no one's feelings are hurt. A delicate balance is crucial! :-)

On the homefront, hubby got the kids to school and even remembered that my daughter had show and tell today. But he forgot to feed the fish. *grin*

4 comments:

  1. Hey, after the game are you going to go cow tipping? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha...you're so darn funny, Rene. *grin*
    I actually am enjoying being out on the prairie. Something very soothing about it. But there's no way I could live here again. I need the peace and quiet every once in awhile, but definitely not every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:30 PM

    Enjoy the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear you're having a good time, so far. Enjoy that good old high school football game for me!

    Cheers to Dad! Not many men can do that well. Fish? Fish-smish. hehe There ok, right? hehe

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...