Friday, September 09, 2005

Droopy Eyelids

I had every intention of going to bed early last night. In fact, I even had my daughter to bed early and had a few hours to myself because she actually fell asleep instead of tossing and turning for an hour. I lounged on the couch, reading a great book, and I know I eyed my bed a few times, thinking, "I should go to bed early tonight."

That didn't happen.

Since hubby and my stepson were off watching the Patriots and the Raiders clobber each other, I had the house pretty much to myself. So around 9:30 p.m., I figured I'd throw in a load of laundry and print out the pages of my manuscript that I'd written a few days earlier, then slide under the welcoming blankets and drift off to dreamland.

Once I opened the file, I decided, once again, to write just a few sentences. That's all.

It turned into a few pages again. While this is WONDERFUL, it sure is cutting into my sleep time. This morning, wow. Haven't had the Diet Pepsi yet, but I'm thinking I will soon. Need something to prop open my eyelids.

No matter. I'll get through the work day and probably do the same darn thing tonight, only with the knowledge that I can sleep in tomorrow. I *love* Saturday. :-)

4 comments:

  1. I've got some toothpics you are more than welcome to have to keep the droopy eyelids open.

    I too stayed up too late last night and have felt the effects WAY too much. The day will get better for you after your Diet Pepsi. And heck, you wrote more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on those pages!!! That's the real key - opening the file.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:58 PM

    This is very interesting site...
    »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...