Saturday, November 22, 2008

Rosie's Good Advice


Thanks for all the good thoughts on yesterday's post. I'm doing loads better, and I know it's all thanks to my family and friends, prayer, and you guys!

Gotta give myself a pat on the back here - I worked out three times this week, and one of those times was today, a Saturday. *gasp* And when I got home, I made lasagna with whole wheat noodles, ground turkey (healthier than hamburger), and lots of veggies in my sauce. Suffice to say, it turned out wonderful! And it was also pretty cool to listen to an oldtime radio show while I cooked - it was a Sam Marlowe episode, (Raymond Chandler's character made famous by Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon) and it definitely kept my attention.

I've also got a great recipe for diabetic chocolate chip cookies and have all the ingredients - I just need to set aside some time to make them. Haven't made homemade cookies in a long time. I usually just buy the cookie dough and drop it onto the cookie sheet. But those cookies just aren't very good for me, so I can't wait to try the new recipe.

Next on the agenda for cooking is a big batch of turkey chili. YUM. I'm waiting for the weather to turn colder before I make it, though. Now if I can just try and eat the chili without a yummy, delectable cinnamon roll, I'll be good.

And it's time to get focused on the writing again. I've got to figure out how to keep writing and stay focused on it when life gets topsy-turvey. That is the challenge right now! And with four lovely days of vacation coming up for Turkey Day, I think I've time to properly immerse myself in my writing. I can't wait. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad things are looking up for you. And congrats on the success with working out and cooking delish AND healthy meals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading about the cooking you've been doing has inspired me to get busy with putting together some heathy meals as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great! The chili sounds good. (Try venison sometimes too, or a mix, it's almost fat free.) :)

    Love Rosie! One of my boys bought me a coffee mug with her on front from a Boy Scout Jamboree trip to WA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lasagna sounds delicious! It's amazing how when we take care of ourselves, we feel so much better. My body actually feels grateful. (At least, that's what I remember...it's been a while!) :)You're inspiring me to get back on the horse I fell off of...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Rosie too!

    So glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos to you for the 3rd work-out. Exercise always helps life look better, to get moving like that. Did you say Thanksgiving is at your place? Lasagna, Turkey Chili, chocolate chip cookies? Yum, what time should we be there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I HEART ground turkey! We use it for everything--instead of hamburger. I get compliments constantly on my cooking--hehehe! And I even used it for two large mexican fiestas that I cooked for (avg 200 people!) Talk abotu a huge hit--they all wanted to know what my secret was! LOL!

    How exciting you got to go to England! It has been such a dream come true for us the past four years... we are moving on and heading back to the states in May..but if we could we'd stay here for forever! We've met so many wonderful friends! Kay, gonna stop now, or I'll cry! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:17 PM

    The lasagna sounds wonderful. I know my turkey chili turned out great, so I'm sure yours will, too.

    I just baked cappucino brownies - oh, my gosh are they good, but that recipe is a pain in the neck.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...