Monday, July 25, 2005

Sleepless Nights

I really hate it when I can't sleep. It seems like I woke up every hour last night and I really couldn't tell you why. There was the whole dog barking episode, of course, and my daughter trying to adjust to sleeping in her room, and the rumbling noises of my very hungry tummy. Oh yes - and I had a pounding headache. Well. I guess I did have reason to be sleepless.

At any rate, I'm at work and only have minimal things to do. I might try and get some writing time in on the new WIP since I haven't worked on it for a few days. I've been absorbed in getting my submissions ready and all I have to do is run to the post office today and send them off (and make sure I kiss them before I drop them off!).

My house is a disaster again, despite the fact that I spent most of Saturday cleaning. The kitchen is full of dirty dishes already and I'm wondering why in the heck I have to ask my husband to wash them.

Oh well.

My daughter has her first dentist appointment today and I am not looking forward to it. I have a feeling she's going to be scared witless. She doesn't know about it - I'm just going to pick her up from daycare and take her straight to the dentist so she doesn't have all day to worry about it. I *hate* going to the dentist, so I have to try and not communicate that terror to her.

I hope she does okay. We might have to run to the video place next door to the dentist and rent a movie for her afterwards. That's when parents just don't care if they're spoiling their children or not. When they've just gone through a doctor's appointment or immunization shots (which thankfully, we already did a few months ago), they just want to comfort them whatever way possible. Maybe I'll ask my husband if he can take her. She seems to be "tougher" when she's with her Daddy. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:01 PM

    My son never made it past the chair. He saw the drill and freaked. Sigh. Hope you have better luck than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids have been going to the dentist since they were 3. They've never been frightened. It helps that the dentist has a box of toys for them to pick from. My daughter had 4 caveties by the time she was 4. Luckily, my dentist doesn't drill, just fills them with a special filling. I've never had a bad time at the dentist so they didn't pick up any scary vibes from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter didn't do that great - for some reason, she thought she was going to be getting "shots" like she did at the last doctor. Then she happened to pick up some of the brochures in the office and saw the whole braces thing and freaked. She wouldn't even let the nurse put the little mirror in her mouth. Thankfully, she did let the nurse clean her teeth - with an ordinary toothbrush - and the dentist just looked at her teeth - no x-rays this time. We made it home okay, but she adamently told me she wasn't going back until she was a "big kid."

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...