Monday, July 04, 2005

My Left Brain Hates My Right Brain

I just returned from a long walk in the park with my husband, stepson, and daughter (plus the two dogs). Unfortunately, it didn't clear my head enough to deal with the problem I'm having with my manuscript.

I know my subconscious is working on it - I go to bed thinking about it and I wake up thinking about it. But the solution has yet to manifest itself.

I don't know how much time I'll spend on it today, especially since we have company coming over tonight for the 4th - just a few friends, nothing big. But hubby is planning on grilling (yum!).

My stepsons leave tomorrow for Kentucky and thankfully, I don't have to work (did I mention I love my company? We always get the day off before and after a holiday). But I suppose I'll spend most of the rest of the day cleaning the giant pit of uckiness that is my house. Remember how I bragged about how clean my house was last weekend when my husband and stepsons were gone? And remember how I said within 5 minutes of them coming home, it would be a disaster? Well, I was right - and it hasn't been clean since.

On another note...

I'm thinking I should watch The Patriot sometime today...it has a way of really reminding you what the 4th of July is really about. When I think of our incredible victory over one of the most powerful empires in the world at the time...well, it is just awe-inspiring.

Celebrate your freedom today!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:18 PM

    Hi! Found you via Suzanne. :) I live in a suburb of Omaha, so I'm all aflutter to find another romance writer in the area (although I'm still an aspiring).

    Best of luck in figuring out how to get your exercising back on track. I'm in the same boat, trying to figure out where I went wrong, and how I can go right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good 4th of July! I enjoyed my long Canada Day weekend. It was a great break and I got lots of writing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:43 AM

    I'm always off on Tuesdays, so this weekend is GREAT *g. Well, most of the time on Tuesdays I'm doing bookwork at home for work..but at least I'm not AT work on Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, beg to differ on The Patriot. I hated that movie. Except for Jason Isaacs. I suppose the message is great for the 4th of July, but Heth Ledger whined his way through the movie, I was ready to kill him myself. I suppose where I really lost it was the whole "bundling" scene. Ugh...talk about taking artistic license. Jason Isaacs was incredibly hot, however and I'd watch the movie again just for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love The Patriot :)

    I have to clean my house too :(

    I have gone through a hardcopy of my wip and I'm about to start my third draft. Very happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:35 AM

    Hope you got some good thinking time in yesterday, Melissa, and had a great Fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW, did I mention how I felt about A Knight in Shining Armor? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Don't worry, the solution will surface...at the very moment when you don't have a pen or paper handy. :)

    I liked parts of the Patriot and other aspects were okay. LOL on the bundling, Rene. Yeah, I raised an eyebrow at that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Hope you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...