Thursday, June 15, 2006

So I'm 31

It's my birthday. Yay.

Did you hear the excitement? No? Neither did I. *grin*

It's a fact of life that birthdays just aren't as exciting when you get older. At least that's been my experience. I woke up this morning and thought, "Oh yeah. It's my birthday. Cool." And that was about as excited as I got.

I don't have any big plans. I decided to keep it simple this year. I'm having lunch with my co-workers, will exercise after work, then go out for supper and have cake later. And really, that's about it.

And I'm ok with that.

In fact, I was a lot more excited for my daughter's birthday in May than I am for mine. :-)

10 comments:

  1. I don't know - there's a lot of people over at my blog excited about it. *gg*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday dear Melissa,
    Happy Birthday to You

    Imgaine this sung slightly off-key *g* - sounds like you have a nice day planned :-)

    Hugs,

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:18 AM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    31. I remember that. At least it wasn't so long ago that I've forgotten. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:20 PM

    Happy Birthday Melissa!
    I know, once you have all the Barbies and accessories and Nancy Drew books, birthdays just aren't the same anymore.
    Maybe we should develop a new Ken doll for girls our age...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Happy Birthday, Melissa!! Have fun with your family. That's what makes birthdays special now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Don't know if I can respond to your blog place but wanted to say Happy Birthday... don't despair -I turned 50 in February and it was one of the best birthdays ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Another June girl. Mine's next week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez. I wish I were 31 again. Anyway, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...