Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Dog Days of Summer


It's that time of the year, the time when I grab the grooming comb and start brushing my dog, Charlie. I'm not kidding when I say I could stuff a couple of big pillows with all the fur he's shedding. But that's summer for you.

As we all know, I'm not a summer person. But there are aspects of summer I enjoy. Listening to the locusts humming in the trees at nightfall. The cool breeze after the sun sets. The sound of children shrieking in delight. My daughter's dirty face and knees after a hard day playing. Picnics and popsicles. The excitement of the 4th of July. Fireworks. Sandles. Running in the sprinkler and water fights. Swingsets and baseball.

What's your favorite thing about summer?

9 comments:

  1. favorite thing about summer? When my mosquito bites stop itching, lol
    Thanks for adding me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Is that a blanket next to your dog?

    Whew. For a minute, it looked like he chewed a massive hole in your couch.

    Best part of summer for me? The endless green and warm summer nights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason, LOL! Yes, that's a blanket. I don't think he's ever destroyed any of our furniture, but he has dug tremendous holes in our backyard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I think my favorite thing about summer is having my kids home all day with me. I can't express the level of delight I go through every year at this time. I'm filled with anticipation of spending every waking moment at home with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Snow!!!!! Plus temps.

    Have a wonderful birthday on Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, Rene is so being sarcastic. hehe

    My favorite thing about summer is the heat. Seriously. I like it hot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about summer is the sense of freedom it always brings. And vacation. And softball. And fewer clothes and longer days to get things done. But autumn's still my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The long days and extra light, the warmth and bbqd food :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...