Friday, June 16, 2006

The Loot and A New Design

First, the loot (a.k.a. birthday presents).

--Money from Dad

--Clothes from Mom and brother

--The Da Vinci Code from stepson

--A Napoleon Dynamite memo pad from daughter

--A beautiful cross necklace from other stepson

--A dozen beautiful, red roses

--Band of Brothers DVD set

Yes, it was a nice birthday. :-) Thank you all so much for the good wishes. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Now, on to the new design...which is really not much more than a link to send you to my redesigned Web site. It's nothing fancy. I'm working with a very basic template offered by my ISP service. But hey, it's idiot-proof, exactly what I need. I'll graduate to a fancy Web site in the future, but for now, this will do.

Check it out: The Golden Era of Romance

This blog will be getting a face-lift soon. I plan to update it to reflect my new "retro" style and I have a graphic designer working on a new look. Can't wait to see it when it's done. The best part? It's free! We're trading "work" with each other - I helped him edit his children's story, and he's helping me with my new blog design. :-)

Tonight we're taking the kids to a hotel again to swim and relax. I'm looking forward to getting some more editing done 'cuz as we all know, this gal doesn't swim.

Have a wonderful Friday!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

    Wow... you got Band of Brothers. You're loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. I like the website. I'm in the process of rethinking my own design and then trying to get the cash together to put it in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you're doing with the website. As you know, that's one of my favorite historical periods too.

    Wonderful gifts.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday. I got it early and late!! Never on time :D

    Love the website. Nice and simple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your website is gorgeous, I can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:10 AM

    Very nice site! » »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...