Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm Back!


I know I sort of disappeared, but rest assured, it was for a good cause. I traveled back west to visit my family on Thursday and had a simply wonderful time. And I took a TON of photos (me and my new camera above). I still need to download them onto my computer, though, so stay tuned this week for lots of family farm photos (and even cows!), and many more.
Highlights of the trip:
  • Having supper with my Dad
  • Staying with my grandmother, talking '40s fashions, looking at family photos, and just enjoying each other's company!
  • Going to watch Horton Hears a Who with my mom, my daughter, my niece, and my nephew
  • Hanging out on the family farm all day Saturday, watching the baby calves play, and taking lots of photos!
  • Going to the neighborhood fish fry with my brother, sis-in-law, niece and nephew, my dad and his girlfriend, and my daughter
  • Having butterball soup at my grandmother's house for Sunday lunch with everyone
  • Visiting my grandfather in the rest home

It was hard to come home. I'm very close to my family and I wish we didn't live so far apart. The drive home (5 hours) wasn't too fun and I'm rather stiff and sore this morning as I only took two breaks on that entire 400 mile stretch - guess I really wanted to get home!

Pictures to follow in the upcoming days. Now I'm off to see what you've all been up to!

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:31 AM

    The camera (and you) look wonderful! Can't wait to see your pictures. Glad you had a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kacey! Yes, it was great - wish I could have stayed another week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley - Thanks! Yes, I'll be sharing pics all week, probably.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting my family too. I'm glad to hear you had such a great time.

    And you're going to have so much fun in Italy this fall! Good luck with all your fitness goals. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to the photos :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...