Monday, January 28, 2008

Relaxed and Rejuvenated


Nice, relaxing weekend. Just what I needed!

Saturday I spent a nice, lovely day writing. I eschewed the desktop in favor of the laptop and the couch, and in between breaks to watch Hogan's Heroes (hubby splurged and bought the entire season), I got quite a bit done.

Hogan's Heroes is hokey and goofy and totally unbelievable, but our whole family loves it. Since we don't have cable, we only watch DVD's and VHS tapes, and it's been tons of fun to watch this old television series. It's actually rather refreshing. John Banner plays the bumbling and loveable Sgt. Schulz ("I know nuthing!") and Werner Klemperer plays Colonel Klink. Ironically, both of these men fled persecution from Hitler in the years before World War II. That they portray the Nazis as utter fools is poetic justice, I think. ;-)

Sunday I got my work-out in and it felt great. I never thought I would look forward to exercising and *gasp* actually start to enjoy it, but lately, I have. And I actually love working out at home. It's just me and my music, and I don't have to worry about what I look like. I can work out anytime I want (in fact, the other night, I found myself on the treadmill at 9 p.m.!), and I can just hop upstairs to grab a shower.

Now if I can just manage to forget my chocolate addiction...

12 comments:

  1. Looks like you're feeling those happy hormones from exercising kicking in. That's why you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:49 AM

    Actually, his name is "Werner" not "William".

    In my stage management days, when I went to Equity meetings, he was very active in the union here in NYC and did quite a bit of theatre work. We were on several committees together, and used to sit at meetings together and make comments on what went on.

    He was a terrific person in addition to being a good actor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figure my regular workouts entitle me to my chocolate addiction. :)

    Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane - I think you're right. I feel great when I'm on the treadmill and the weight machine!

    Devon - You're right! Ack. I shall go and change it. How cool that you actually knew him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:30 AM

    Hogans Heroes! Haven't thought of that show in just forever!

    I like working out at home too. I just wish I had a good treadmill at home to use while the weather is so nasty cold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kacey - I remember my parents used to watch Hogan's Heroes when I was young, but I was never too interested. Now I love it.

    My treadmill was on the fritz for awhile, but thankfully, my hubby fixed it for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you got your weekend downtime and it sounds like you're feeling much better. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny - I never actually watched Hogan's heroes but my husband loves it. I'll have to rent it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ell, you should. It's a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved Hogan's Heroes when I was a kid...I had the biggest crush on Richard Dawson!

    Kudos to you for working out, Melissa. I'm still trying to get my rear in gear. Ain't happening. I'd love to say it's because I'm cranking out pages, but...oh, well.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...