Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Digging Out

It took me a good fifteen minutes this morning to get all the snow off of my car. While there's still plenty of it on the roof of my car, I did manage to back out of the parking lot, take my daughter to daycare, and get to work. But I'm not alone - I think the whole state of Nebraska has been digging out all day yesterday and today.

It's a very wet snow and luckily, it didn't freeze last night. Otherwise, the roads would have been pure ice. We desperately need the moisture, however, so this snow is perfect for that. It will take a few days to melt and soak into the ground, but it will be worth it. The entire state got blasted with snow - my brother lives 450 miles away and he also got almost two feet of snow. The interstate was closed from one end of the state to the other - we had 14 inches here in town.

I did manage to get quite a bit done on the writing front yesterday and last night. I stayed up late to work on the novel since our office didn't open until 10 a.m. Nice to sleep in!

8 comments:

  1. There must have been a creative moon out last night. I actually sat down and wrote too, for the first time this year.

    We certainly could have used the snow instead of the rain. If it takes a few days to melt then maybe we wouldn't have had all of these flash floods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh lots of snow, but not for us. Yippee!! Sorry, I'm excited we didn't have more snow. Still have lots. And lots of ice :( We've had snow since November!!!! Well done on the work. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleeping in!! But hate digging the car out of snow.

    Glad to see the little one is back to better health and at day care. And you wrote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:18 PM

    I have to say I'm glad it's you and not me. lol I hate snow. We've gotten some beautiful warm weather here lately (in Canada, yet!) and I'm enjoying not having to wear my coat when I go out.

    Glad you got some writing done. It feels great when you get some good writing time. I wish I could have slept in, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on the writing! I can't believe all the snow you got. I keep waiting for us to get blasted one last time, but we've had such a mild winter for a change I'm hoping that maybe, just this once, we'll get off the hook with no more snow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, well it seems late season snow storms have bonuses - great news on your writing :-) Glad you and your dh had another good date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:03 AM

    best regards, nice info »

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...