Thursday, June 26, 2008

What Are You Reading? Summer Edition

Since the temperatures here in Nebraska are starting to climb into the 90s and we all know just how much I love heat (note the sarcasm), my brain isn't quite as sharp as it normally is. So for today's blog post, I figured I'd tell you what I was reading and then you can leave me a comment and tell me what you're reading.

I think I can handle that.

Heh.

I'm reading Forever by Pete Hamill. It's for our bookclub at work and I gotta admit, it's an amazing story. A long, amazing story, clocking in at more than 600 pages. But the writing is good, albeit very different. But I like that. Different is good. We're supposed to be done with the book by Friday and I'm not there yet, so I may have to do a bit of speed reading tonight.

Your turn!

7 comments:

  1. I am determined to put a dent in my TBR pile this summer. Right now I'm reading Julia Quinn's new release, but I want to get through a couple of my Elizabeth Chadwick books and at least 10 others before summer ends. Of course, by then I'll probably have added that many more to the pile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly - Oh, isn't that always the way? More books added to the pile - I have so many now that I think I've forgotten some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed awake until almost 3 AM to finish THE BRIGHT FOREVER, by Lee Martin. It was un-put-down-able.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm - sounds interesting! Though all I can think of is Duncan McLeod of the Clan McLeod *g*

    As for me, right now I'm reading Elegance by Kathleen Tessaro. Hoping to get to March by Geraldine Brooks and some other HF this summer as well. Though I have another Robyn Harding and the new Marian Keyes on reserve at the library.

    So MANY books, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa - I LOVE un-put-downable books, though they make for some bleary-eyed mornings at work!

    Tess - That's what I thought when I first heard this book - Highlander! But it's a lot different, and very good. And you're right - way too many books and not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *just* finished Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian. I LOVED it!! Now I'm working my way throough Victoria Thompson's Gaslight Mysteries. It's a really fun series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished a book of the original Winnie-the-Pooh stories, and Shopaholic Takes Manhattan. I'm about to start In Plain Sight which is apparently a funny mystery with an elderly lady as the detective. Then, I have FireFly or something like that by Piers Anthony, and a book of novellas by Nora Roberts, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, Anna Karenina, a biography on Walt Disney, and a load of other classics, plus a chick lit.

    Miss Snark is to blame for Shopaholic. She's right- not a gripping read, but it's like candy and hard to put down.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...