Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Frog Fiasco

When my daughter went fishing with her dad and brother on Monday, she came home with two frogs stuck in a plastic bottle. I wasn't too thrilled, but I figured as long as they stayed in the bottle, I'd be fine.

That night, she was watching a movie in our room. When I went to go check on her, I opened the door and saw her lifting up blankets and pillows, searching for something. Immediately suspicious, I asked, "What's going on?"

Innocently: "Nothing!"

"Tell me what's really going on."

"Ummmmm...." She paused to look furtively around the room.

Me: "Did you let one of the frogs out?"

A reluctant nod.

A sigh from me. "Well, let's find it."

Thus started a frantic search around the bedroom while I had thoughts of being attacked by a slimy amphibian in the middle of the night. Luckily, she found it and put it safely back in the bottle.

Last night we decided to move the frogs to a more respectable home. But making the transfer from the bottle to the new, air-conditioned place was a bit of a challenge. Both frogs decided to make a run for it and my daughter and I scrambled after them, she shrieking with laughter and I shrieking with, um, yeah, laughter, that's it.

I think the frogs will have probably a brief stay as I don't have any dead crickets or bugs to feed them. We tried fish food, but they didn't appear too interested. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:17 PM

    Not to give you images, but I'd be more afraid I'd step on the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:11 AM

    Yikes! I don't think I could handle loose frogs in the house. They would be outside in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my ..... Frogs, huh? Yep, they'd be outside around here too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I remember the day our hamster got loose and my dad, who has a deep fear of rodents for some ungodly reason, saw it skitter across the bedroom floor, jumped up on the bed and scream like a banshee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:48 AM

    I know some good frog leg recipes if you're interested. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outside I am surrounded by frogs. We had a crop of them a couple of springs ago and many still linger. I have found some smashed in the door frame, dried up in the corner of a room...ugh. And those suckers can poop so big! It's crazy...

    Luckily enough none of my children want to keep them as pets. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao you lucky girl, there's a bonding moment that will go down in history, lol. I on the other hand love frogs, and would of came over to help if you had phoned lol, might of taken me a few days but I would of gotten there. Glad to be reading your blog again

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:01 PM

    Slimy pets. Um, yuck. Good luck with that! *g*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...