Wednesday, June 29, 2005

I'm A New Fan!

Of Christian Bale, that is.

Hubby and I went to see Batman Begins last night and...oh my. That man is very hot. And sexy. Oh yeah - he's a good actor, too. ;-)

But more than Christian Bale, the movie was absolutely wonderful. Bale did an excellent job of conveying the angst of Bruce Wayne, a.k.a. Batman. I feel like I know the character much better than from the previous movies.

Supposedly they're going to make this the "new" Batman series that will follow much more closely to the comic books and fiction books.

So yeah, I didn't get any writing done last night, but hubby brought me home Chinese and took me to the show. Not a bad evening at all!

In other news...

I've let the whole career thing settle into my brain for awhile. I want to mull it over, see exactly what I want to do with my life. Thanks so much for all your comments. You're right - I AM using my degree - just not in the way I envisioned. Our state historical society is here in town and I'd love to volunteer, but I just don't have the time to do so - especially when I'm not getting paid. I've always said that if I win the lottery, I'd love to volunteer at a museum or historical society. But there's always those darn bills to pay...

Hubby is going to look at jobs, etc. after my stepsons go to Kentucky to see their mom for a month and a half. Right now, we've got a nice weekend getaway planned - we love to just rent a hotel that has a swimming pool and stay the night. It's just downtown from where we live, but it's something fun to do and relatively inexpensive. The boys leave on Tuesday, so we want to spend as much time with them as we can.

As for me - I'm hoping to get a bit of writing in tonight. :-)

6 comments:

  1. Did I mention Christian Bale is hot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, Christian, my new obsession. Yum. I had a strange dream with him in it last night too. Something about throwing basketballs with his mind. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good looking Welshman--a rare find :)


    Enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Letting it brew is a good idea. And your weekend sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...