Monday, November 14, 2022

My Dream Office

 
If you're a writer, you have a dream office.

For some, it's a room filled with light and space, with plenty of room to dream and create.

For others, it's a tucked away spot, a tiny cave to lock oneself away and shut out the world.

For some: light, airy colors; for others, dark and brooding.

For me, it's a grand room, filled with bookshelves, rich tapestries, a fireplace, dim lights, thick carpets, and a large desk where I can spread out. Of course the room must have a chaise lounge in front of a large, latticed window where I can gaze out at a backyard filled with flowers (tended to, of course, by someone other than me as I have a black thumb). 

It looks something like this:
Or perhaps something like this:


I do like the dark tones. Oh! But this is delightful, as well.



It must have a fireplace, and it must have built-in bookshelves. No televisions are allowed in this room, even though I confess, I do enjoy having a classic movie playing in the background sometimes when I write. But I think for the dream office, I'll eschew the TV and listen to classical records instead.

Right now, I'm crammed into a bedroom and while I am thankful for the space that I do have, oh, do I ever dream of that wonderful, perfect office. Can I write anywhere? Have laptop, will write! But I long to have a place that is solely for creating, for dreaming, for writing.

Do you have a dream office? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...