Thursday, November 10, 2022

Late Night Ramblings

 I've been trying to do a post every day, but it's now 12:24 a.m. and I'm just now getting around to it. 

Whoops.

When you live with chronic illnesses like mine, you never know when a new part of your body is going to start hurting. In the last month, it's been my shoulders. Is it the way I hold my phone? The fact that I'm not using an ergonomic keyboard since I have a laptop?

Maybe it's both.

Regardless, I'm going to have to figure out a long-term plan. While I do have an ergonomic keyboard, the desk I currently have isn't suited to using it. Ideally, I need a pull-out drawer for the keyboard. While I really like my desk - it's a 1950s French Rococo style - it's simply not big enough to suit my purposes. 

Does this mean I need to shop for a new desk?

Probably. If I want to be able to write without causing pain in my shoulders or in my wrists (that's starting to happen, too!), then I guess I'll bite the bullet.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! 

In other late night ramblings...

  • It's day 5 of this flare. And the temperature went from 76 degrees yesterday to 30 today! I hope I'm not wiped out tomorrow. Severe temperature drops usually make my body hurt.
  • I watched a documentary on the band KISS. I like a few of their songs, but have never been a fan. Remember the VH1 show, Behind the Music? I always enjoyed watching those. It seems that fame takes a toll, no matter how well-adjusted we all might think we are.
  • I'm not thinking about Christmas yet. I want to enjoy autumn a little longer. Since I went on a trip to Virginia a few weeks ago, I feel like I missed out on it a bit. So. No decorating for Christmas until December 1. But if you're in the mood, I say GO for it! Listen to Christmas carols! Deck them halls! We all need joy in our lives.


2 comments:

  1. I want a desk that adjusts as my body needs it to adjust, on any given day, while looking like something that's from a castle library. Someone needs to invent that!

    I usually start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving, because of the Advent traditions we follow (in spite of the fact that the Winter Solstice is really my holiday). We have a lot of decorations, so it usually takes a few weeks to get it all up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started collecting vintage Christmas decorations a few years ago and just love them! It takes energy to decorate, so I hope I'll be able to do it this year.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...