Friday, November 04, 2022

Bring Back Blogging!

Well.

It's time to resurrect this ol' blog! I haven't written on this site since 2017. But I'm feeling sentimental, and I'm really eager to start blogging again. Read on for why...

Bring Back Blogging!

Way back in 2005, blogging was all the rage, and I decided I'd get in on the action. Over the years, I blogged nearly every day, visited other bloggers, widened my knowledge on the craft and business of writing, and best of all, made many, many wonderful, talented friends.

Blogging sort of died out with the advent of Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. But with social media being inundated with ads, nasty trolls, and pithy, quick takes, I rather long for the days when I can settle in every day and read what my friends are up to without being distracted.

As I'm also trying to dive back into my fiction writing, I thought establishing a daily blogging habit might be the perfect way to create momentum. I remember being so inspired and motivated to write when I blogged and read what my friends were up to in their writing endeavors and their lives. So why not bring it back?

If you'd like to add me to my blogroll, please let me know in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Hiya! It's good to see you back. I also sort of stopped blogging. I keep wanting to get back to it, but I have other priorities that tend to take that time away. Can't wait to hear more about what you're up to with your writing!!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to get back into it. Glad to reconnect with you!

      Delete
  2. I'm so delighted you're blogging again. I've been blogging almost daily since 2003 on Ink In My Coffee (https://devonellington.wordpress.com). I look at it as the intersection of writing and life, and how they affect each other. It's very much the dailiness of being a FT writer. I'm thinking of putting together some sort of prize package next year for the 20th anniversary. I have other blogs, but INK is the main one. I'm cleaning up my sidebar in the next couple of weeks, and I'd love to add you to daily reads, if that's okay? And, if you like reading my blog, I'd love to be added to yours. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I've added you to my blogroll and please do add me to yours! Looking forward to keeping up with you!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...