Friday, July 02, 2010

Independence Day


To me, the 4th of July celebrates a lot of things. Our country's birth. Victory over tyranny. A day to remember those who made our country possible like George Washington, John Adams, and Thomas Jefferson.

But it's also a day to celebrate family. There are too many people around the world who have been separated from their families through no choice of their own whether it be war, famine, or a cruel dictatorship. But not here in America - not for me or mine.

I praise God for the opportunity to live in this country. It's not perfect by any means - but it has allowed me to enjoy freedom unlike anywhere else in the world.

And this Independence Day, I plan to spend it with my family. There will be softball games, food, rodeos, fireworks, laughter, and good conversation. What a blessing!

Happy birthday, America!

8 comments:

  1. Enjoy your blessed 4th! I'll be too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th Melissa ... Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 4th! Sounds like you will be having lots of fun with family - a blessing indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a really FOurth!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you had more to celebrate too. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, all, for the 4th of July wishes - hope you had a great holiday, as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

THERE IT IS

 It's back.  And who knows for how long? But for this day, for this moment, all is bliss. I'm happy, excited for the future, ready a...