Monday, October 13, 2008

Greetings from England!

Goodness! It's been awhile since I've been on the 'Net! I had 38 emails in my inbox and they were all junk. But you don't want to hear about that! I'm currently coming to you live via an internet cafe in Bath.

Yes, I am in ENGLAND. I can hardly believe it sometimes! It's just incredible. And I must admit, finding my way around using public transportation is an event in itself. I am so used to driving myself wherever I want to go and not being on anyone else's time table but myself that this is definitely a new experience.

I am staying in a small town outside of Oxford called Whitney in a little bed and breakfast called The Laurels. Let me tell you, it is absolutely wonderful. My hosts, Graham and Anna, have gone out of their way to make my stay comfortable. The English breakfasts are wonderful and the room itself is simply gorgeous. Will show pics when I have a chance.

I went to Blenheim Palace the other day (after getting over my jet lag and very frustrating travel delays at both Omaha and Chicago airports), and today I am in Bath. The Jane Austen Centre is first on my list! Ok, maybe after I have a good lunch somewhere...

Can't wait to tell you all about my adventures...hope you are all doing well!

16 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that your adventure has started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, blogging from abroad! How awesome is that? Have a wonderful adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome to England!

    ReplyDelete
  4. English Breakfasts, you're making me hungry! Sounds awesome Mo. You're missing a dreary rainy morning here in Lincoln... made me think of ya.
    Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're having a wonderful time. I've never been to Bath, but it's certainly on my To Do list.

    Blenheim Palace is wonderful, isn't it?

    Your B&B sounds excellent, there's nothing quite like a good english breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, THAT's where you are! I'd forgotten.

    Oooooh - Bath. I remember Bath. Have fun at the JA centre.

    Glad to hear you're having a great time :) Please take loads of pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealous jealous jealous!

    Hope you have an absolutely fabulous time! And take lots of photos for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are having a blast every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:02 PM

    Oh, I'm envious...have a great time in England! Can't wait to hear all of your stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Mo -

    I can't believe the time has finally come. Hope you have a WONDERFUL, jolly old time. You deserve it!!

    JPP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful time across the pond! Much r & r, maybe a little research too? Sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup. Welcome to Blighty. See you at the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so jealous! Wish I were there too! Enjoy your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I could be there! Enjoy those English breakfasts (if they're anything like Scottish breakfasts, you won't be able to move for hours!) Bath...*sigh* I think I'll have to go reread Persuasion...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:27 AM

    Say 'Hi' to Shropshire for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!

Staying Focused

Friends, sometimes it is exhausting to try and stay focused on goals. Eat healthier. Lose weight. Exercise.  Find a literary agent. Edit the...