Packed the china set last night, plus drug a few more clothes over to the house. I think hubby is going to finish up the rest today. We're painting my daughter's room, so her stuff will be the last to be brought over.
Can I just say that I need a vacation? And I can't take one for quite awhile. I've got my chapter writing conference this weekend and then next Sunday I'm headed out of town for a work writing conference. I'm looking forward to that, but wish things were a little more spread out. Oh yeah - and throw in Halloween somewhere around there. Fortunately, hubby likes to take the kids trick o' treating. I'll hole up in my house and refuse to answer the doorbell - I've got boxes to go through! ;-)
Sue tagged me for this fun little "People Collection." List five little-known facts about yourself. You never know what might be valuable to a writer. And when you've amassed a big "people collection," you'll have all sorts of resources!
So here are mine:
1) I'm a stepmom of two boys - one lives with his mom, the other with hubby and I. Let me tell you - being a stepmom is an experience all on its own.
2) I know how to scoop ditches and cut weeds out of bean fields with a machete. Neither of these talents is one I wanted to learn.
3) I went back to graduate school after being married and having a baby. I fit the profile of a nontraditional student.
4) I've worked at a bank, a law firm, a newspaper, made pizzas at my cousin's pizza place, shelved books at the library, worked at three different bookstores, and ran a concession stand at the baseball fields during the summer.
5) I got stuck in a processional at Canterbury Cathedral in England and ended up behind a bunch of bishops.
And one more, just for fun:
6) I was smashed against a U.S. Secret Service agent at a Bill Clinton rally before he became president.
PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"
I've always tried to live with this mentality: One day at a time. Unfortunately, when I implement it, I fail spectacularly. But for this...
We have a big snowstorm headed our way. Now usually these snowstorm predictions tend to be far grander than what actually happens - i.e. we ...
Yesterday I woke up in a fantastic mood. I felt pretty good (you never feel terrific when you have chronic illnesses) and I couldn't wai...